Join Land O’Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America’s favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You’ll be joining a team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We’re looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food’s toughest challenges.
Production Operator - 2nd Shift
Nutra Blend is an industry leader in manufacturing and distributing quality vitamin, trace mineral, micro-ingredients and antibiotic premixes for the feed industry.
The Production Operator is the front-line employee who performs the manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the inputs and create the final high-quality final products. There are a variety of sub-classifications within the Operator job family that could range in specific duties from receiving and handling the raw materials, adding value through a variety of proprietary processes, to packaging the final product. In all stages of production safety, attention to detail, a quality and sanitation focus, and efficiency are key to the success of the operation.
- Following daily schedules and work orders; setting up mixes.
- Scanning bags of ingredients to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Gathering and weighing pre-determined amounts of specific ingredients adhering to strict quality standards.
- Fill ingredients into proper containers; bags will require feeding through a sewing machine to close; take samples of ingredients and final products.
- Measuring and feeding batches of ingredients into production machinery. Using lifting equipment and forklift trucks.
- Packaging finish products and entering data into internal system (computer, scanner, and bar code software).
- Gathering and stacking bags in proper patterns for shipments; inspecting each bag to meet company’s strict quality standards.
- Approve and release finish goods; wrap and move good to designated locations.
- Conducting product inspection and quality control; performing quality checks
- General housekeeping; cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and in group situations; able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Understand, record, and verbalize detailed information accurately; basic math calculation skills.
- Able to lift up to 70 pounds, complete repetitious work, and work on feet for prolonged periods of time in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills including use of scanners and bar code software.
- Must be able to pass a forklift training test
Competencies & Other Skills:
- Be observant, accurate, and capable of following directions.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to plant safety and report all unsafe acts or conditions immediately
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
You may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.