This position will drive gasoline or diesel powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver products or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes deliveries of merchandise to customers, other Irby branch locations and/or to final destination. Projects a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers.
- Assists with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Be responsible for general care and maintenance of the vehicle assigned to driver.
- Checks items assembled to make certain the proper items are being delivered as per the sales ticket.
- Knowledge of electrical goods is important and the truck driver is expected to acquire this knowledge for positive identification of delivered items.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations, particularly the hazards encountered with driving a truck. Maintains a good driving record and be properly licensed as a commercial driver.
- Understands and abides by the Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations for Interstate drivers where applicable. Maintains driver log according to D.O.T. regulations.
- Keeps accurate records and submits expense reports for reimbursement of expenditures as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of the delivery area served.
- Ability to assist Warehouse personnel with the following, but not limited to: warehouse housekeeping duties, withdrawal of merchandise to fill orders, packaging and labeling of orders, storing and shelving of merchandise, relocation and/or rearrangement of stock as required.
- Practices proper safety measures to protect company property and personnel.
- Monitors maintenance schedules for delivery trucks.
- CDL License is required for this position.
- Three to five years clean commercial driving experience is required with a CDL A preferred, but we'll consider a Class B license if you're willing to go for the A!
Are you looking for the opportunity to:
- Work with a strong, stable industry leader that has the flexibility and feel of a strong independent business but is supported and powered with the resources of the world’s largest electrical distribution company?
- Use your skills and experience to grow your career; go anywhere you want, cross train into your dream job within a work culture that promotes and encourages associates to learn new roles and be recognized and rewarded for strong performance.
- Have your true entrepreneur mindset rewarded with income and career growth opportunities.
We proudly offer a competitive compensation and the professional advantages of an environment that supports career development and recognizes individual achievements. Safe and excellent driving records are rewarded with a bonus!!!
Our Benefits Include:
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health, Transit, and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discounts and more.
We look forward to learning about you!
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cites such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City. Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity.
Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions. Sonepar USA is made up of over 16 of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors, with coverage in all 50 states. Entering the US in 1998, Sonepar USA has continued to grow over the years due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Sonepar USA is a member of the Sonepar Group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products and related solutions. For more information, visit SoneparUSA.com.