Reporting to and under the general supervision of the Store Manager, manage the Perishable and Food Direct Store categories including perishable products in the coolers and freezers and other food direct ship items. Supervise store employees in the absence of the Store Manager. Assist the Store Manager in ensuring efficient and effective inventory management, appealing and profitable merchandise presentation and quality customer service. Assist the Store Manager in ensuring a safe working environment and providing protection for company assets according to required procedures. Assist the Store Manager in ensuring employee and store compliance with all food handling rules and regulations. Provides support to other key carriers as directed by the Store Manager.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Open the store a minimum of two days per week; close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; deposit money in bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Manage store in Store Manager's absence.
- Assist Store Manager, if directed, with: scheduling employees; ensuring adequate scheduling coverage; entering payroll information into computer; assessing work completion and following up with employees regarding performance.
- Assist Store Manager, if directed, in providing training for employees.
- At Store Manager direction, order drop-shipments and other areas of store.
- Assist Store Manager in following prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; assist the Store Manager in reviewing ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; unload trucks.
- Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- At Store Manager direction, assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- At Store Manager direction, assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- If directed by Store Manager, conduct safety meetings; assist Store Manager in maintaining a clean, well-organized store and facilitating a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee compliance.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in completing all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
Perishable departments and processes specialized areas include;
- Maintain correct perishable stock levels based on store volume using the following tools:
- Current Ads/Planners
- Direct Vendor Order Guide
- Assist Store Manager in training assigned employees in the proper presentation, freshness and pricing standards for all perishable areas.
- Assist Store Manager in training assigned employees in the proper and safe handling of food in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Assist Store Manager in training assigned employees in the proper execution of hourly recovery standards to model store standards.
- Train assigned employees in the proper stocking and rotation of Perishable products.
- Receives the Direct Vendor deliveries and checks in Drop Ship Delivery perishable food product vendors.
- Record Perishable Markdowns, while analyzing causes and taking corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Assist Store Manager in training assigned employees in the proper grading standards in produce to minimize markdowns and ensure product freshness.
- Accurately record inventory levels as requested by the Store Support Center and as directed by Store Manager.
- Assist Store Manager in ensuring compliance with sanitation standards and training employees assigned in the Perishable departments using the Cleaning Schedule.