The purpose of this part-time position is to sort, bale, and keep accurate records of recyclable materials.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Recycle Center Manager. Exercises no supervision.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES—Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets customers as they bring their recyclables.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Ensures that recyclables are sorted into proper bins.
- Separates recycled materials.
- Bales recyclables.
- Weighs and stores recyclables.
- Conducts a monthly inventory on materials.
- Maintains and organizes the warehouse.
- Loads trucks for shipping.
- Maintains facility and yard.
- Cleans all areas of the buildings.
Other Important Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes aluminum cans.
- Monitors and documents community service personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
- Recyclable materials as opposed to trash.
- Basic mathematical concepts.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance, construction, and repair work in the area of work assigned.
- Conduct research about recyclable materials and contaminants.
- Work with the public.
- Work alone without direct supervision.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Perform manual labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Operating and maintaining assigned equipment and machinery
- Maintain mental capacity which permits:
- Making sound decisions and using good judgment
- Determining and avoiding dangerous situations
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing, bending, or crouching for extended periods of time
- Lifting or moving moderate to heavy weights
- Operating assigned forklift and baler
- Effectively handle a work environment and work conditions which involve exposure to dust, dirt, and contaminated materials
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES
High school diploma or equivalent. Some experience collecting recyclables is desired.
Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, odors, inclement weather conditions (heat and cold), contaminated materials, and solid waste; work around a fork lift.
Essential and other important duties and responsibilities may require maintaining a physical condition necessary for walking, standing, bending, pushing, crawling, crouching, and lifting heavy objects for prolonged periods of time; and the operation of motorized equipment.
Tools and Equipment
Fork lift, balers, mowers, strappers, banders, and a variety of hand tools.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Will be subject to background investigation.
- Will be subject to random substance abuse testing.
EOE / ADA/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Open Until Filled
Contact: Please fill out, print, and sign the attached application to be considered for employment. While a resume may be submitted via email or fax, all applications must be signed originals and should be mailed or dropped off at the Human Resources Department at City Hall.
Application for Employment
203 E. Main
Neosho, MO 64850
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled