Production Universal Worker
Production Universal Worker
JOB TITLE ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT DATE/STATUS Job Title: Neosho Production Universal Worker
Reports To: Neosho Production Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
PURPOSE OF THE JOB As a member of a production team the job is to produce high quality products in a safe, efficient and effective way to meet production targets which in turn meets our customer and Trouw Nutrition’s goals and objectives. JOB CONTEXT Contributes to the annual production of 10 million kilos of finished goods by maintaining and operating the production equipment in an accurate, safe, efficient and effective manner. The individual is a team player that effectively interacts, communicates and supports the production team members to meet production targets. Additionally communicates and interacts with all departments on site such as quality control, maintenance and warehouse on a frequent basis. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Manufacturing / Operations
- Achieve targets in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Work in assigned production area(s) following Trouw Nutrition policies and procedures at all times
- Competently rotates into the various production positions – Auto Charge, Control Room, Packaging, IWA - ingredient weighing area and Feeder
- Operate production equipment in an accurate, safe, effective and efficient manner
- Ensure proper ingredient material flow for effective and efficient production
- Ensure production areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner at all times
- Operate the forklift as needed to move materials in a safe manner.
- Assist in the training of new employees under the guidance of the Production Supervisor
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervision
- Know and fully support site safety programs/procedures and operate within them at all times.
- Participate in emergency response as directed by the Site Emergency Coordinator
- Responsible for knowing, following and monitoring quality production process’s at all times bringing any discrepancies to the attention of production supervisor/ quality control
- Sample finished goods according to procedure.
- Input defined information into the computer system in an accurate manner
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are checked for completeness and accuracy
- Comply with all requirements of various internal and external audits.
- Perform general maintenance and machine lubrication as required
- Document all maintenance activities in reference to equipment in accordance with GMP’s
- Take proper care of all tools and equipment to ensure these items can be used in a safe manner.
- Ensure assigned work orders are completed and processed on time.
- Operate forklifts and other maintenance tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Communicate to supervisor any equipment or building issues in a timely manner.
- Understand and ensure site compliance with all Trouw, Federal and State regulations. Examples include air pollution (dust, ozone depleting substances), waste management (bulbs, lead batteries, aerosols, used oil and rags), and water contamination (back flow, fire systems, and storm water run-off).
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Number of production batches per hour (Average 1.5 - 2 batches per hour) – gathered from the daily shift efficiency report
- Percentage of process-related quarantine batches (Target = 0) – gathered from the daily shift efficiency report and QC reports
- Kilos per man-hour as measured against best demonstrated performance (per site specific target)
- Nutreco HSEQ, customer and 3rd party audit results (Target = Pass)
- OSHA Lost Time Accidents (Target = 0)
- Training Report – scheduled training completed per requirement (Target = no past due)
- Performance and development goals as agreed upon by employee and supervisor. (Target = Meets expectation)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or GED
- Previous manufacturing experience operating automated equipment preferred
- Computer literate – ability to learn Movex (M3), Beta Raven (MM4), Microsoft Software including Excel, Word, and email programs.
- Strong Communication skills, both oral and written
- Mechanical aptitude – able to understand/repair mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification and operate forklift in a safe efficient manner.
- Must be able to obtain scissor lift certification and operate scissor lift in a safe efficient manner.
PHYSICAL/WORK REQUIREMENTS The physical and work demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to stand; walk and sit
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 65 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with assistance).
- Occasionally required to work at an elevated height on a scissor lift, forklift attachment, or other elevated equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The noise level in the general work environment is usually moderate; any areas requiring hearing protection will have a posted notification. Uniforms and steel toed boots are provided for employees. Hard hats, safety glasses, hair nets, hearing protection and respirators (where required) are required in designated warehouse and production areas. All personal protective equipment listed above is provided by the company. Some ingredients can cause reactions and skin irritation. Operation of automated equipment requires strict adherence to safety rules to prevent injury to themselves or others. Heat exhaustion is a potential hazard due to the physical labor required for some tasks. Cold and wet are potential when working outside repairing breakdowns or performing routine maintenance activities. Confined space and in elevated places that if improperly prepared can result in loss of life and property.
To apply contact our Temp Agencies:
Kelsey Thornburg email@example.com
or Nancy Kenney firstname.lastname@example.org