Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Maintenance Electrician for our Joplin, Missouri factory. The primary function of the position is to: provide electrical support to the facility which meets all applicable Electrical Codes and published industrial standards and local codes.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Formal prerequisites for the position (e.g. training, experience, education etc.):
- Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in an industrial environment
- Plans layout, installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, troubleshoots, and performs construction maintenance on buildings within the plant
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints
- May install, repair, and service air conditioning/heating systems
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
- Troubleshoots breakdowns in machinery and equipment
- May be responsible for PLC machine programming, and maintenance of service building
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures, arc flash, confined space, PSM
- May be required to work overtime
- Required to follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Able to work at heights up to 40 ft.
- Other duties as assigned by Leader
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with formal technical education (2-year degree, Apprenticeship or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience in the trade
- Equivalent education in long term experience in the trade in place of formal education
- Electrical License, Master or Journeyman highly desired
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans.