CNC Machine Operator/Woodshop
CNC Machine Operator/Woodshop
Marco Group, Inc. serves a variety of customers in the institutional and retail markets, as well as an OEM supplier for some of the largest furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Our product line consists of a variety of seating, office, classroom and storage-related items. We are looking for someone to join our growing team to work primarily as a computer controlled woodworking machine operator. The operator would be working on the following machines: a 12’ panel saw, Edge-bander, and a CNC machining center for routing and drilling panels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts from wood raw materials.
- CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
- CNC machinists make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
- Synchronization of machine and tools as well as recording the set up point.
- Comparison of numerical measurements taken from finished product against specifications on operations sheet or computer displays
- Assemble and preset tooling for next operation.
- Occasional use of drilling, sanding, sawing, or boring tools.
- Prior experience in the set up and operation of woodshop machines and routers. However, experience with CNC machines and metal products will be recognized.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to use measuring instruments and hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistics. Ability to apply the concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to occasionally lift small parcels (15-25 lbs);
- Pre-employment screening required: Drug test and criminal background check.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Employment type: Full-Time (M-Th, 40 hours / week) 0600-1630, Some Fridays Required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms; must speak, hear, and understand English. The employee is regularly required to walk, occasionally required to sit; climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl; taste or smell. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.