- Front desk supervisor trains employees and is in charge of the front desk staff.
- The supervisor is ultimately responsible for ensuring the happiness and satisfaction of the guests, including accurate billing services, swift and efficient registration services and fostering a convivial and professional atmosphere.
- Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of recordkeeping, such as the work schedule for the staff, cash accounting for the front desk and paying vendors.
- Communicates with the facilities department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
- Checks AM and PM discrepancy reports.
- Has complete working knowledge of software system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
- Has full understanding of software system and assists with reservations.
- Can perform all of the front desk functions to include guest service and, pbx operator, front desk agent, etc.
- Assists front desk agent by checking guests in and out of the hotel.
- Knows how and where to post all charges.
- Receives money from guests for payment of hotel charges and makes correct change.
- Handles checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges.
- Knows all of the room rates.
- Issues safety deposit boxes to guests when requested.
- Gives directions to hotel facilities, rooms and local area attractions.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Ensures proper staffing levels of front desk agents by assisting hotel manager in preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards, disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
- Assists the hotel manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
- Communicates with the housekeeping department regarding guest rooms and request..