General Statement of Job:
Keeps University buildings in a clean and orderly condition, supports Special Event activities and performs other assigned duties to support the operations of the Physical Plant and the University community by performing the following duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs routine cleaning and maintenance functions in assigned area using departmental techniques and standards to include such tasks as:
* Cleans and sanitizes restrooms daily: floors, fixtures, mirrors, doors, etc. Replenish restroom supplies. Dispose of trash. Clean and sanitize showers weekly.
* Cleans, vacuums, sweeps, dust-mops, wet-mops hallways, stairways, lounges, classrooms, computer rooms, labs, storage areas, entrances, entrance glass, offices, athletic surfaces and/or firing range according to MSSU custodial standards.
* Strips, scrubs, applies floor finish, buffs, burnishes, refinishes hard surface floors and extract carpets according to MSSU custodial standards.
* Re-lamps fluorescent and incandescent light fixtures and make minor repairs (tighten screws, lubricate doors, etc.).
* Participates in projects and cleaning of apartments and dorms during breaks as directed by supervisor.
* Assists in moving furniture, supplies, and equipment as directed.
* Sets-up, monitors, and cleans up after special events. Works overtime when directed.
* Maintains the outside entrances, walks and steps within 20 feet of the building. This will include routine sweeping and snow/ice removal and spreading ice-melt when necessary.
* Reports items that need repair (door, furniture, equipment, faucets, etc.).
* Establishes and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of Physical Plant and campus community. Education, Experience, and Licenses High school graduate or GED required. Previous experience in custodial or housekeeping services preferred. Prior experience with vacuum cleaners, buffers, burnishers, wet/dry vacuums and other equipment a plus. Certificates, Licenses, registrations. None required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * Ability to read procedure manuals, work orders, equipment operating instructions and general correspondence (i.e.: memos, letters, etc.).
* Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students, administration and visitors.
* Ability to read and accurately complete maintenance requests, time sheets, supply requests, etc.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
* Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
* Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to effectively work both individually and as a member of a team in a service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities. Possess good problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
* Ability to understand and apply University and Departmental policies and procedures.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and work on his or her feet for several hours at a time; bend, stoop, climb ladder/stairs and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear including the use of telephone and 2-way radio; and work overhead, using a ladder. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Typically the employee works indoors, in the classroom, business office and athletic facility environments with a moderate noise level. Occasionally the employee will be required to work outside the building in inclement weather cleaning entrances, shoveling snow, hauling trash or washing windows. NOTICE: The above job profile does not include all the essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact Human Resources to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. An employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Apply online at https://www.hospitalityjobsite.com/jobs/search?id=885238796&aff=16AE119E-722C-4962-8098-083243C4FF3F&rgv=3&iaj=n&ot=y