Black Rain Ordnance, Inc. is a precision ?rearms manufacturer specializing in the modern sporting rifle design. Founded in 2009 with a benchmark to only manufacture weapons we would personally be proud to own and operate. We have sought out the best machinists to turn our ideas into reality with a goal of creating something any gun enthusiast would be proud to not only own but to put on display as well. We strive to use only American metal so that each of our products is truly an authentic American creation.Job Summary:
The Draftsman is to be a skilled professional, able to work with great concentration and precision. Draftsman will be responsible for performing calculations for materials and weight limitations, communicating with engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings. Additional duties include preparing, reviewing, and redrafting alongside the engineering team. Salary commensurate with experience.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Creating blueprints of current mechanical designs
- Creating design tables and drawings in SolidWorks
- Conducting blueprint reviews for existing assemblies with other relevant departments
- Providing and maintaining documentation regarding fabrication
Black Rain Ordnance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Must pass background and drug testing.
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Basic understanding of GD&T
- Detail oriented, organized with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects
- Knowledge of engineering process, revisions, ECR, change orders, etc. preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, CAD, or Computer Science is preferred
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Manages time effectively to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well without direct supervision.
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships.