Nursing Instructor, Crowder College, effective Fall 2020, full-time. Positions open at Nevada Instructional Site and McDonald County Instructional Site. The Nursing Program Instructor is responsible for teaching in the Nursing Division in assigned areas as scheduled with and agreed to with Program Coordinator/Director and in keeping with the guidelines listed below; for the supervision and guidance of students to improve nursing care; and for assisting students with advising as needed. This position will be a combination of classroom and clinical teaching.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Current active licensure to practice professional nursing in Missouri that has never been disciplined in any jurisdiction.
- One to two years of professional nursing experience (an average of at least twenty hours per week) within the last five years in clinical practice/administration or nursing education.
- Participation in professional nursing and/or educational/vocational organizations.
- An understanding of, and an interest in, the nurse as part of today’s health team, and a concern for current problems of nursing.
- The ability to understand, accept, and adjust to changes in personal, social and professional environments and in professional responsibility.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, other professionals, staff, and the public.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- College teaching experience