The Groundskeeper will be expected to perform work that is described as and consisting of moderate to heavy physical activities. This will include tasks related to but not limited to carpentry work, mowing and weed eating district property, landscaping, trimming, pruning, painting, moving district equipment for programs and or activities, building/property security and personal safety.
The Groundskeeper is a district support staff employee and will be expected to perform work duties throughout the school district as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Operations.
While performing the duties of this position an employee is regularly required to perform heavy manual labor, including moving furniture and equipment, lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs. The employee is frequently required to walk and use fingers and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach and bend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Shovel, scrap, sweep and remove snow and ice from sidewalks
- Paint, wash buildings
- Move and arrange office equipment and furniture; setup and teardown furniture and equipment for all events of the district
- Keep storage areas, equipment, and machinery clean, safe and in good working order
- Check security of facility; report any vandalism, illegal entry, or fire hazards; maintain security and ensure user compliance with facility policies and procedures
- Carpentry work - Make minor repairs to the building interior or exterior including fixtures, furniture and equipment
- Maintain and upkeep school grounds; weed-eat, mowing, trimming trees and shrubs, rake playground wood chips and inspect playground equipment for potential safety problems
- Report any significant repairs needed to the Building Principal or Assistant Superintendent of Operations
- Use chemical cleaning materials as required; follow label directions and use proper procedures
- Assigned work orders that should be done in a timely manner
- Police exterior of the building for trash and debris to be placed in the dumpster
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years maintenance experience.
Additional Skills and Abilities
An individual who holds this position must have:
Proper and safe operation of machinery, power tools and hand tools.
Follow safety procedures; identify and report safety hazards.
Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
Benefits include: 100% board paid medical and dental insurance, paid holidays