Full-time Construction Instructor, Crowder College, effective Fall 2020. Crowder College is seeking a dedicated, experienced, and motivated individual to teach college students entry-level and advanced level skills in the building trades. Students will be taught in the classroom, lab, and on job sites to gain competencies for the commercial and residential building industries. Various instructional strategies will be used including traditional classroom methods, hands-on demonstrations/participation, computer/web-based instruction, and/or various combinations of approaches. This position supports both the college and the division marketing and recruiting efforts. The position also works to facilitate relationships with industry for advisory input, student internships, and student placement.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of three years occupational experience directly related to construction technology.
- Must have or qualify to obtain NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) certification in applicable construction technology areas.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement assigned tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, other faculty, professional/classified staff, supervision, industrial advisory panels, and the public.
- Familiarity with NCCER curriculum and ability to complete the Instructor Certification Training Program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.