Full-time Art Instructor, Crowder College Neosho, effective Fall 2019 semester. Teach art courses as assigned by the division chair. and in keeping with guidelines outlined in the job description. Assignments may include all delivery methods (traditional, online, and hybrid). These may include, but are not limited to, beginning levels of studio classes (ceramics, sculpture, and 3 D design), Art History and Appreciation, and Intro to 3D Design. Assist students with advising as needed; sponsor the Art Club; and coordinate the art curriculum. Other duties include museum gallery management, with three hours of the required 15 hours per semester load dedicated to this and community outreach.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Experience:
- Master’s degree required with a minimum of 18 hours in the art area; MFA in ceramics/sculpture preferred.
- Must know and practice proper safety procedures for glaze chemical use as outlined by OSHA.
- Must have at least two years’ experience working with glaze chemicals, commercial glaze, and dry glaze.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA safety regulations in regards to powdered silica and air quality regulations.
- Must have knowledge of safety and proper use guidelines for brentslab roller, electric kilns, pug mill, clay mixer, extruder, and raku kiln.
- Experience in teaching preferred, with preference given to those with teaching experience at the college or high school level.
- Experience in ceramics, 3D design, sculpture preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, other professionals, staff, and the public.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Windows. Working knowledge of Blackboard and Smartboard technology is a plus.