This position greets current and potential customers and provides friendly, professional services while conducting appropriate transactions. This position provides complete range of services, including performing account transactions, opening and maintaining customer accounts and explaining available products and services while following documented policy and procedure to prevent loss to the bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain knowledge of teller handbook regarding policies and procedures related to teller operations (ex: fee structure, NSF, stop payment, etc.)
· Process deposits, cash advances and redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
· Prepare currency and coin orders for commercial customers
· Assist customers in processing coins using the coin counting machine.
· Following established procedures accurately process: deposits/withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, check cashing, loan payments, fund transfers and inquiries regarding balance or transaction history.
· Welcome and interact with customers entering the bank to identify their need and ensure expeditious and excellent service.
· Perform a variety of functions, in compliance with applicable rules and regulations, related to the opening of a new account including: checking, savings, certificate of deposit, safe deposit box, IRA, creating and re-issuing debit cards, etc.
· Communicate the benefits of bank products and services and assist customers in determining the most beneficial for their need. Actively look for need based referral opportunities and explain, promote and sell products including cashier’s checks.
· Deliver consistent, high quality service to internal and external customers and maintain strict confidentiality in all bank matters.
· Promptly and successfully complete all compliance training as determined by the compliance department.
· Effectively organize and plan workflow to perform job functions in a timely manner.
· Resolve customer problems either through personal action or referral to other bank staff.
· Attend department and company meetings/training which may be outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
· Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Typing/alpha numeric data entry
· 10 key
· Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds
· Ability to sit/stand for extended periods
· Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
Training and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Cash handling or sales experience preferred
· Prior customer service experience preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. First Community Bank is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Banking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible