This position greets customers and potential customers and provides friendly, professional service to First Community Bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions following documented policy and procedure to prevent loss to the bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver consistent, high quality service to internal and external customers and maintain strict confidentiality in all bank matters.
- Following established procedures accurately process:deposits/withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, check cashing, loan payments, fund transfers and inquiries regarding balance or transaction history.
- Maintain knowledge of teller handbook regarding policies and procedures related to teller operations (ex:fee structure, NSF, stop payment, etc.)
- Know and understand the features and benefits of bank products/services and actively look for need based referral opportunities.
- Promptly and successfully complete all compliance training as determined by the compliance department.
- Process night deposits and mail deposits.
- Explain, promote and sell products including cashier’s checks.
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Process cash advances for credit card customers.
- Effectively organize and plan workflow to perform job functions in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems either through personal action or referral to other bank staff.
- Prepare currency and coin orders for commercial customers.
- Using coin counting machine process coins for customers.
- Attend department and company meetings/training which may be outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Typing/alpha numeric data entry
- 10 key calculator
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- High school diploma or GED required
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred