Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Managing processes
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
8 Hour Shift
Monday to Friday
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
Work Remotely: No